Saturday, 17 November 2012

Fogged In (There Be Dragons)

Happy Friday, everyone! The theme of the final day of Megan and Keely's Fall Colours Fashion Challenge is Grey. Besides already featuring heavily in my Teal(ish) and Pumpkin(ish) posts this week alone, a very quick scan of my list (just passed the 50-post milestone, yay!) revealed no less than seven favourite grey-based outfits: Grey Lady Grey, Biohazard, Rainy Days and Mondays, Let Me Roll It To You, Gathering Rays, Dust Bunny, and Of Boots and Friends. Grey is totally my favourite, and here are some more grey things for you which are actually grey, including new boots:


grey patterned blouse: Good Times Barcelona, etsy
vintage grey wool sweater: Lifestyle, origins lost in the mists of time
(mine since the '80s)
black and grey striped skirt: Spring Street, thrifted
boots:
Vivienne Westwood Pirate Boots (Fog colourway), My Habit 



silver water ring: some booth or other (~20 years ago), worn here
silver and onyx dragon ring: Courage My Love (Kensington Market, Toronto, mid '80s)
floral cloisonne ring: gift from my aunt and uncle many years ago
silver skull ring: can't recall (mid '80s) - but I do remember losing it on the driveway one winter and finding it unharmed in the spring when the snow melted


body chain: Theory of Threes, Overman Jewellery and Art


My expression above combined with my 'do, old '80s sweater and rings / outfit built around the Vivienne Westwood boots, and generally travelling memory lane(s) of late reminded me so of this:




Aww, pumpkin. 


dragon / striped / spotted buttonflowers: Megan Mae Designs
I'm Done With Poets pin: beanforest, etsy




In the present, it's been a busy week - thank you for your good thoughts and well-wishings for Big Henrietta, who has perked up quite nicely. 




However, another of our ladies, Maryjane Frystack (who also starred in my tulle and teacup costume photo for Ally's Halloween party here), seems to be having a hard time with her first molt, so please please please keep those kind-hearted critter-friend vibes strong! 


oh, long, long sleeves, you are super-duper! 


... but grey tights, your package lied and your fishnet pattern is too barely-there


It pained me mightily to have to pass on these boots at 65% off earlier this fall, but when they actually came available again - in my size, at 75% off - after I got my vehicle situation sorted and I also had something to celebrate, well! 


With rings on both hands, I thought I'd try a Sheila-inspired shot, but those old tunes just got me all fighty. Pow! 


The blogger synchronicities don't end there: today I seem to be wearing the same expressions as Lynne's cat (except Sasha Jane is way smarter) and an eerily similar outfit to Megan's, which I swear to you we did not plan. 




Thank you so much Megan and Keely for a fun week! Stay tuned for a Fashion Challenge roundup post over at Casual Chic Kiki, and thank you, visitors, for reading! 


22 comments:

  1. I love the fighty spirit pose. It so suits the body chain. And those boots - my goodness, what loveliness. You have the most gorgeous eyes! I'm glad Henrietta is feeling more perky. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the fighter stance fits the great song choice (anger is an energy, after all) and I love all the odd little synchronicities and connections which occur with blogging!
    You wear grey so well, it almost makes me think I should try it... I think I have 4 grey items in my wardrobe, that's all - a poncho, a hat, a waistcoat, and a pair of trousers I never wear. I'm not sure when I took against grey, perhaps it reminds me of school uniform, and I have a notion that it doesn't suit me.
    You, on the other hand, look cosy and snuggly and totally at home in grey, especially as you have rocked it up with that amazing body chain and Vivienne Westwood boots. And I love seeing your rings and finding out where they came from too. The little one that waited for you under the snow all winter... Awwwww!
    Lots of hen love to Ms. Frystack, hope she feels better soon. And much love to you too, Amber, have a happy weekend! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you are wearing,Amber but your boots, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Your boots are CRAZY GORGEOUSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    I want them!!!
    have a lovely weekend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! Not only do you introduce cool new boots, but you strike a pugilistic pose. Love it.

    You're got style coming out your pores. It's fascinating to watch what you come up with. Oh, and thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those boots! The rings! The body chain! Wonderful. Grey is my favorite neutral, and I love how you've combined different greys here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS!!!!!!!!!!! So want. Love the body chain too. Very sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the little things! (except when it's the big things) -- love the body chain, the dragon ring, the buttonflower . . . the whole outfit, gosh darnit. You and Sasha Jane both look wise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a dedicated Lover O'the Grey, I must say you wear it very well. And don't get me started on the boots. Hello! So much fab hair inspiration around here. Best wishes to the chix!
    Connie*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hotdamn those are some dreamy boots! Major score! They look awesome with the snuggly grey sweater. I love the body chain, so cool. You've done awesomely in this challenge. Each day totally you, but using the challenge to work with your closet.

    Glad to hear Big H is feeling better, but sending good vibes to Miss Frystack. I know very little about birdies, so I read your link. Sounds like a rough time, so lots of good vibes and prayers coming from me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those boots are killer! They also look very comfortable, which is always a plus :)

    You always have the best details in your outfit - in this one I'm especially loving the chain harness, which I didn't even notice at first until I looked at the close-up photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do have such WONDERFUL jewellery. I just love looking at it all! Such fabulous clothes. (Too bad I couldn't come round and get yer cast-offs!)

    Hope the moult goes OK. Poor wee thing!

    Cheers from England,
    Rosemary from www.foreveronthecatwalkoflife.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah yes! Anger is an energy! Good ol' Johnnie. Thank you for that PIL video, I'd forgotten just how good that song is.
    You have such an original eye for putting outfits together - I love the unusual touch of the body chain. And love the grey Viv Westwood pirate boots, I have the black ones!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fighter pose works on you!! I love the body chain. It is tough but not. Do you know what I mean? Also, the boots are sublime! I love gray too, and really had never considered gray until I married the Mr. He loves it, and so do I now! xoxo Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have scooped up those boots too - Avast Me Hearty! I've been a big fan of grey in my wardrobe - it's the sweeter sister to black, which I'm trying to wear less of, and works well with so many other colours. I would LOVE to get one of those body chains - like Lynn said, it's tough, but not, and would add a nice badass vibe to a pretty dress...

    Sending some "good moulting" vibes to Miss Frystack!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Unbelieveable...the thrill of recognition when I saw your dragon ring, and the giddyness of common purpose when I saw where it was from..I STILL go to courage when I am in Toronto, but I take my kid with me as cover to pretend that I am not really going for myself, 25 years later!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both my husband and I loved the music video (at heart he's a man caught in the 80's)! Your outfit is beautiful, you combine different greys like no one else! The boots are of course to die for, and such a steal too! I love reward/celebration footwear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love grey Amber. I have so much of it in my closet but I know I have to have color in my photos so it doesn't make it on the blog much. But I so love it. And those boots, it figures they are Vivienne Westwood. Amazing kicks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are especially gorgeous in grey and I love the body harness. And the boots knock my socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those boots mean business. As does your whole outfit. Including accessories. cool. No wonder you're doing the fighting pose. Way to go: A.M.B.E.R.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Joey lost his wedding ring while shoveling snow, shortly after we got married in Vermont (!!). Unlike yours, it never showed up. He got a metal detector and went back after the snow had melted and everything. Oh well. That was 16 years ago and we seem to be doing fine, ring or not. I'm glad you found yours, though.

    Those boots are insane. I'm SOOOO glad you started your blog, sharing your style-vision and precious purchases. It's so much fun to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic blog and brilliant post! You're amazing!!! You're got such fantastic taste! Loving the way you write too. :-) Absolutely brilliant!

    Looking forward to more posts from you. I'm now following you on BlogLovin!

    Feel free to check out my blog here - www.the-white-list.co.uk
    And you can follow me on BlogLovin at - www.bloglovin.com/blog/4105110/the-white-list

    ReplyDelete
  22. I only decided I liked grey a year or two ago!
    But I don't have much of it, just tights and shoes, really. O, and a big furry coat! It's a gradual thing. I love it with pink!
    PIL!! I saw them in Coogee Bay, Sydney, in 1986, I think, or thereaouts, and it was the most rambunctious gig I've ever been to, with skinheads smashing up stuff all over the place! I quite like Johnny, he's a laugh. You make a very glamourous and beautiful Johnny tribute!
    The body chain is inspired!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!
- Amber